Tuesday, June 30, 2009

You won't hear me say this again but..

Tonight's Film on the Rocks might actually be a good one.. Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of gathering folks on a week night to watch a movie, listen to some local music, and enjoy Red Rocks.
But I don't think it is worth 10 bucks a ticket - sorry. 10 bucks a ticket for an older movie and a view I can get for free when the park isn't hosting an event? Nope, not for this bargin hunter. I will stick with the free movies in the parks around town... Oh, and $10.00 is the price for advanced sale - buy at the box office when you get there and you will pay $12.00.
However, tonight is the Princess Bride. Granted, it was just featured at a local park a few weeks ago, but it would be fun to see it up there, I think. It might be fun to get a group together and head up, but isn't exactly a cheap activity for a family.. and if you haven't done it once, this would be a good one to go to so you can do the "been there, done that" look when others mention it. ;)

Here is the website if you want to check out details and future features.. Maybe I will just turn the Aquos towards the patio , pop in my Princess Bride DVD, and sit out enjoying the stars and a couple of pulls of the Red Truck Mini Barrel, comfy in the knowledge that I don't feel like I just got jacked by the Dread Pirate Roberts for the whole experience...

No comments:

Post a Comment