Thursday, May 14, 2009

Turn on your Heart Light - Poll

So the HR department just called to inform me that I won a free Heart Scan during our benefits fair recently... Now I LOVE free stuff, don't get me wrong, and preventative medicine is a fabulous thing - yet I am hesitant. What if it is just a ploy, giving these things as prizes, and then they try to scare me into having a bunch of expensive scans?
What if they find something scary? A month before my 33rd birthday, I don't know if I could take it... Jesus died when he was 33 (yes, I know that I am not the savior of all mankind, TYVM).

Should I do it?

4 comments:

  1. Do it!! I think it would be so cool to see how your heart is pumping and everything. I have only seen a formaldehyde heart, so color me green with envy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a friend who is a Dr.---his philosophy on this kind of stuff if that if they are testing or scanning for stuff that you can fix (ie there is a cure for or you can do something about) then it is worth getting it done. He is against the gene testing or other testing that can tell you are at risk or something but then there is no cure or little you can do to prevent yourself from getting the disease.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We did the heart scan at work for all employees and I'm really glad I did it. No major issues but things to know now so hopefully in the future it won't be an issue.

    ReplyDelete