Thursday, April 9, 2009

Ch-eh-per Chicken..

As in Father Of The Bride where Steve Martin informs Franc that they will be going with "the ch-eh-per chicken"...

I watch for sales on B/S (boneless, skinless) chicken breasts and then load up for the weeks when the prices are much higher.. I thought I hit the winner today looking through the Sunflower Market circular - $1.97 a pound - about as good as it gets lately.

Or so I thought...

Perusing the always more expensive, always leaves me rolling my eyes at their "sales" prices (so high, so very, very high,) Safeway ad I stumbled on what I almost chalked up to my eyes playing tricks on me - B/S Chicken breasts, $1.77 a pound! I admit it - I shouted an actual "WOO HOO" right in my office.. I can already imagine the weight of my little basket as I load up on that chicken - I am so excited I feel like a 5th grader on the last day of school before Spring Break, just waiting for work to end so I can go get my chicken...

My head is spinning...

No comments:

Post a Comment