Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Sunflower Market Double Ad Wednesday

I'm back, baby -and just in time to take advantage of Double Ad Wednesday shopping!
Last week's ad has 8 grapefruits for $1.00, red bell peppers for $0.88 each, 14-16 oz edamame packs for $1.50 each, and lettuce and spinach bunches for $0.88 each, along with savings on organic baby food and bulk cheese varieties, and lots of other great deals.
HOWEVER - this week was JUST what I was hoping for at SF market - it is stock up pricing on b/s chicken breast!! $1.77 lb is a price I am totally happy to pay and load the freezer (and just in time for me to recover from my Midwestern food binge in Indy over the past week - Oh Keri, the shame...)
So I will be loading up on that and also filling my cart with asparagus for $0.77 an lb (blanch briefly and shock in ice water, dry and seal flat in Ziplocs and then freeze,) broccoli crowns for $0.88 lb (same treatment as asparagus - the Hub only likes "the tree" part of broccoli, so this is a good price,) and I will be checking out the prices on bison, in the store for a limited time only, because it is so tasty and so great for you, but even sale prices can be more than I want to spend.

So - make a list, make a plan, and head over to SF market today to take advantage of both weeks' sales. See you there. ; )

3 comments:

  1. I've lived in Denver for 3 years and somehow just discovered your blog today! I am already head over heels! I love Sunflower Market, but had no idea about double ad Wednesday. Thank you for enlightening me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to DiD, Ali! SF Market Double Ad Wednesday is a fave around here!! Hope you will share you find the blog useful, and remember to share your fun and frugal ideas too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing how to preserve some of these great deals. We love asparagas and I had no idea it froze well.

    ReplyDelete