Friday, April 9, 2010

Weekender

It is going to be freaking beautiful this weekend, Dealers!! (I know because Ashton Altieri told me so this morning, and Ashton would NEVER lie to me. Evah!)
So all bets are off for me when it comes to indoor activities for the next two days, I admit it. There was talk of a new pillow-buying expedition with The Hub, and I know that he will spend plenty of time in front of coverage of The Masters, but as for me - I will be high above Gov's Park on the Tree House patio with a few Coronas and my little black solar panel of a dog, just soaking in the Colorado sun. Mmmmmm.

Should you desire more from your weekend, there are lots of fun and frugal happenings around the Mile High City this weekend:

4/9 - Not off to the opening day madness in LoDo? Meininger Art Supply's Kids' Art Club has another Friday afternoon offering this afternoon beginning at 4:30. This time around the project is "Magical Mono-prints" - no registration is required and the projects are free. See their information page for all the details and directions to the store.
______________________________
4/10-4/17 - Create Denver Week kicks off on Saturday and offers a variety of events designed to bring attention to all things creative in our city, and to help grow and strengthen all artistic endeavors in the area, big and small. Check out the full schedule of events here - things get started on Saturday with the opening of the 5th annual Create Denver Expo (workshops are $5.00) and Denver Kids Create, which is free!
______________________________
4/10 - Because you know that Bert the Chimney Sweep was spot on in his recommendation, Let's Go Fly a Kite this weekend at the 8th Annual Arvada Kite Festival this Saturday from 10am-4pm. The free event is located at Robby Ferrufino Park (W 74th Ave and Carr St) in Arvada, and features free music, a chance for the little ones to create a free small kite, local vendors, and (of course) all kinds of cool kites being flown in the park! Get all the details here, and Go Fly A Kite!
______________________________
4/10 - DUH, go to the farmers' market. (And by DUH, we all know that I mean Denver Urban Homsteading - of course) I will keep saying it, check out their indoor farmers' market - it is catching on people, go now so you can tell your friends you knew it first!
______________________________
4/10 - Buy me some peanuts and crack-er jacks, I don't care if I.... (believe me, you are VERY lucky you can't really hear me sing - 7th inning stretch or any other reason.) If the family has baseball fever, then head for Lowes on Saturday for their cool Build and Grow Clinic project featuring a wooden mini-baseball game. Go here to check it out and register at a Lowes near you.
______________________________
4/11 - Mod Livin' on Colfax is celebrating Create Denver week on Sunday evening with a super cool reception featuring original furniture, lighting and decor items, as well as yummy nibbles from Chefs at Deluxe Burger and Solera. Drinks and music will complete the oh-so-chic little bash. Check it out at Mod Livin' (5327 E Colfax) from 6-8pm. See their website for more.

Don't forget to dish the dish about all the great events I missed listing (say that 5 times fast, dare ya) down below so all the other Dealers know.
Happy beautiful Colorado Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment