Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekender

WEEKEND, WEEKEND, WEEKEND!!! I am so excited for the weekend! What are you doing this weekend, Dealers? I scored tickets to the Junior League's Annual Holiday Market, so I get to have a day of lunch and shopping/lookie-looing with my mommy!! (That is right, I called her mommy - which I never did until I was in my 20s, but which I always do now. Because even 33 year olds sometimes need their mommies.)

Admission to the event is $8.00 for a one day ticket - so if you weren't lucky enough to snag some freebies, you can still join in the fun. OR - try one of these fun and frugal activities instead:


10/17-10/18 - Since last weekend's bout of icy temps and falling snow put a damper on the Botanic Gardens annual Pumpkin Festival, it was reschuduled for this weekend. Held at the Chatfield Location, there is a small admission fee, but this festival packs in a full day of fun for the cost. Get a rundown of cost and activities on the Botanic Gardens website.
________________________
10/17 - On Saturday grab a can of food (or several) and the fam and head out to Rocky Mountain Arsenal for the Refuge Roundup. They will have lots of free entertainment, hayrides, bison tours (they have some really cutie patootie calves - squee!) and if you want to partake you can purchase a chuck wagon meal. Get directions to the RMA and info about the event here.
______________________
10/17 - Whether you are a young artist or just an art lover, RiNo is the place for you on Saturday - as the district hosts the 2nd Annual Larimer Sidewalk Arts Festival. Artists ages 12-21 are welcome to set up, free of charge on a first-come-first-served basis for space, a display of their art - and to sell it to festival attendees! Head to the event's Facebook page to get more details!
____________________

Farmer's Markets:
Old South Pearl
Metro Denver Farmers
MarketsColorado Fresh Markets (includes Cherry Creek)
(MOST FMs remain open until the end of October, but check the websites for more information)

I know - this one is a shorty - so show me up and fill us in on all the fun things around town that I haven't listed by leaving a comment!

Happy weekending!

No comments:

Post a Comment